Thursday, January 8, 2015

To My Best Friend

184 days ago my best friend walked into a church camp office where our friendship began.

In the last 6 months, I've learned more about life, myself, and Jesus all because of a God ordained friendship. I could list 184 things I love about this friendship but I'll spare you and only list a mere 6.

1. You inspire me to to be more like Jesus. 
There's nothing more that I could ask for in a friendship than someone who makes me strive to take on the very heart of God. You're a prayer warrior on any and every occasion for whatever need may arise. You're love for Jesus and His calling is so contagious.

2. You've saved me so much money from therapy. 
Sometimes a text or even a phone call can fix more than weeks of therapy ever could. From laughter to tears, there's no one who's been more willing to stick by my side than you. I know that no matter what may come my way I'll never have to face it without Jesus and my best friend.

3. You've taught me that it's possible to smile through the tears. 
I wouldn't trade our laundry room heart to hearts for the world. In folding those 237 towels every day I learned more about how love and life can hurt but it's not the end of the world; there's still far greater ahead.

4. You bring out the kid in me. 
From water slides to blanket forts to juice boxes to upstairs dance parties, you've been able to bring out the carefree, worry free part of me that the real world tries to take captive. You let me admit my crushes like one would at a 8 year old's sleepover without any judgement. You let me live life to the fullest.

5. You make my world brighter. 
Within the last six months there hasn't gone a day by that your name hasn't come across my phone screen in some manner. You have the ability to make me laugh so hard that I have to say "stop or I'm gonna pee my pants!" You've been the sunshine to my gray days too many times to count.

6. You love me for me. 
No ulterior motives. You've seen me at my best and my worst and still love me the same. You challenge me. You motivate me. You've become the family I've always wanted, something I wouldn't trade for the world.

There's another gazillion things I could say, but that's another blog for another day.

Thank you for being my best friend. I love you, all the way to the moon and back.
-M. xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment