Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Letter To Myself For Later

This past Sunday morning, I was not mentally or emotionally prepared to scroll through Facebook and see what I saw.

**My first serious boyfriend is engaged and planning on marrying another girl.**

When we broke up over a year ago, I had nothing in me that desired for our relationship to continue. Through that breakup, my eyes were opened to the many flaws of that relationship; throughout the last 13 or 14 months, the rejection of that relationship has taught me that I am being redirected toward better things.

But where does that help with the hurt?

To be completely honest, in a way it doesn't. Every emotion spiraled through my head and heart when I saw the relationship status change “Jordan Wright is engaged.” There was hurt, denial, pity, anger, and confusion; it was all there.

Despite all that has gone on in my heart and mind throughout the last four days, I know that there will come a someday where I won’t wish that things had turned out any differently. My head tells me that I do know this somewhere deep down, but I know that there will come a someday when I can feel it too.

Finding peace and rest in Joel 2 and Psalm 62.

-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment